Here you will find upcoming opportunities to put your intentions into action. Take advantage of our filters to locate a specific need or browse through the full list to see what captures your imagination. Have an event you'd like to see included? ADD EVENT
The NCWMA is looking for help hand-pulling garlic mustard. Garlic mustard is a biennial plant that invades forested habitats and can push out native species. This species has small seeds that can be easily transported by the soles of shoes and tires. Infestations have been popping up rapidly these last few years in yards and along trails in our region.NOTE: Feel free to work as long as you would like, but arrive at the beginning of the event. Wear hiking or mud boots, a hat, long pants, and long sleeve-shirt. Gloves are available to borrow. Bring insect repellent and water. Bring lunch and snacks if you attend all day. Contact Ramona at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Springstead (private property), southern Iron County. May 11th.
· Iron County LWCD and NCWMA staff will work both days.
· Volunteers can contact Ramona to get details and directions.
Bad River Floodplain, Mellen.
· May 12th, 9 am to 3 pm. Hand-pulling garlic mustard with Enbridge staff. Volunteers are welcome.
· May 15th to 19th, 9 am to 4 pm: Daily hand-pulling along the Bad River.
o Contact Ramona prior to attending.
o May 16th: Free lunch available for volunteers! Northland College’s Spring Flora Class will attend.
Directions: From Hwy 13, turn east onto Hwy 169 towards Copper Falls State Park. After a half mile, turn south onto Butler Road immediately east of the bridge over the Bad River. Park near the intersection with Hwy 169.
Bay City Creek, Ashland. May 18th, 1 pm to 4 pm.
· Meet at Zak’s Wash (122 9th Ave E). Park along the street. Students from the WATERS group from Ashland High School will help.
Montreal River, Hurley. May 24th 9 am to 3 pm.
· Volunteers needed!
· Hurley Middle School students will attend from 9 am to 12 pm on May 24.
· It would be great to help lead small groups of students.
Meet in the parking area north of Highway 2 and just west (the Wisconsin side) of the Montreal River.
Velō Cafe, Cable June 1st, 10 am to 12 pm.
· Downtown Cable: 13425 Co Hwy M.
· The NCWMA is teaming up with the Cable Natural History Museum to pull garlic mustard.
Kimball Bay (private property), Superior. June 2nd, 9 am to 3 pm.
· Contact Ramona for more details
Central Park in Superior. June 7th, 10 am to 12 pm.
· Meet at the parking lot along Laurel Ave. (east of Hill Ave).
Not finding what you're looking for? Please try Virtual Events