Michigan State University Extension Conservation Stewards Program – West Michigan
September 14 @ 6:00 pm - November 16 @ 8:30 pm EDT$250.
Registration is now open for the MSUE Michigan Conservation Stewards (CSP) program. CSP is a 8-week hybrid course beginning the week of September 11, 2023. Learn more or register at www.canr.msu.edu/csp
What is CSP? The Michigan Conservation Stewards Program (CSP) explores the foundations of conservation (conservation heritage, ecological foundations, and society and conservation) in Michigan and its diverse ecosystems (forestlands, grasslands, wetlands, lakes, and streams). It helps participants gain the skills needed to contribute to land and water stewardship and educational efforts in their local communities. CSP also empowers participants to build their own networks with other like-minded individuals and local conservation organizations.
What are the elements of the program? 8 weeks of instruction consisting of the following components:
• Weekly online course content to review and complete on-your-own via the course web site
• One 3-hour in-person session each week. These in-person sessions combine localized classroom and outdoor field instruction
• 1 – 2 Saturday field experiences that explore ecologically diverse natural communities and examples where conservation efforts are taking place within the local program area.
• Each student selects a Capstone (applied) project to work on throughout the duration of the program, with guidance provided by a local mentor.
• Certification of Completion is available to students who complete program requirements.
Not finding what you're looking for? Please try Virtual Events