Partner with Us:
Everyone (including the public) are invited to attend our bi-monthly meetings & events. Meetings are announced via our email list, posted on our Facebook Page, & included in the "Duluth CISMA Events" section of our website.
Duluth CISMA Contact Information:
Do you have any questions regarding the Duluth CISMA? If so, please don't hesitate to ask CISMA Coordinator Lori Seele by email ( email@example.com ) or phone: (218) 393-9581.
Who We Are: A group of city, county, & state agencies, non-profit organizations, community associations, & private citizens.
Mission: Our mission is to help citizens & communities protect our lands from the damages caused by invasive species.
History: In 2017, The Stewardship Network was proud to announce the formation of the Duluth Cooperative Invasive Species Management Area (CISMA) - funded partially by the the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation Pulling Together Initiative.
Service Area: Southern St. Louis County, MN (View Map)
Target Plants: Japanese & Bohemian Knotweed, Garlic Mustard, Non-Native Phragmites, Common & Glossy Buckthorn, Japanese Barberry, Oriental Bittersweet, Tansy, Wild Parsnip, Knapweed, Leafy Spurge.
- Establishing Mission Statement.
- Mapping of Target Invasive Plants.
- Hosting "Pulling Together" Field Workshops.
- Co-hosting CISMA Partners "Weed Em' Out" Workshop.
- Discovering, Mapping, and Educating Landowners about Wild Parsnip Infestation.
- General Education.
- Hosting Removal Work Days.
- Community Dialogue on Tackling our Invasive Knotweeds Collectively.
- Poster Presentation at National & Upper Midwest Invasive Species Conference.
- Hosting Guest Speakers.Events Resources