Here you will find job opportunities shared by some of our partners and supporters. If you would like to post your job, email us at email@example.com and we would be happy to help!
Summer Education Intern (Aldo Leopold Nature Center):
Please specify your top two position preferences in your application. Applications are due by March 6, 2020.
The Aldo Leopold Nature Center, Inc. is an independent, not-for-profit organization dedicated to environmental education and awareness. It operates the Aldo Leopold Nature Center and Nature Net: The Environmental Learning Network to enhance the education of children. The Aldo Leopold Nature Center is supported in part through private donations from local businesses, foundations, and individuals. Aldo Leopold Nature Center offers programs that serve over 70,000 individuals annually. ALNC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building and serving a diverse staff and community, and qualified applicants of under-represented backgrounds and identities are encouraged to apply.
- Each intern works approximately 5.25 hours/day, Monday-Friday, from June 15t h – August 28th plus mandatory training June 10-12t h: ~9am-5pm.
- Positions available:
- “Early” position from 7:45am-1:15pm, “Late” position from 12:30pm-5:45pm or 11:45am-5pm working with children ages 4-10 years old.
- “Wonder Bugs” position from 7:45-1:15pm working primarily with children ages 2-3 years old.
- Please specify position preference in cover letter and see more defined roles below.
- Compensation: (Note: Room and board not provided)
- “Early” : $550/month stipend plus certification in CPR/First Aid
- “Late”: $500/month stipend plus certification in CPR/First Aid
- “Wonder Bugs”: $550/month stipend plus certification in CPR/First Aid
- Assist education staff in coordinating and preparing for summer camp programs for children ages 2-10.
- Ensure safety of summer campers while participating in programs at ALNC.
- Teach and lead hands-on summer camp programs.
- Supervise and lead lunchtime story hour and/or extended day activities.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Commitment, reliability, flexibility.
- A cheerful, positive, and open attitude.
- Experience working with children preferred.
- Knowledge of and/or interest in Wisconsin natural history a plus.
- Must be able to attend summer mandatory staff training dates, including first aid and CPR/First Aid (June 10-12t h ~ 9am – 5pm).
Send a cover letter, resume, and three references to: Lauren Mordini
Summer Camp Coordinator, Aldo Leopold Nature Center 330 Femrite Drive, Monona, WI 53716
Email applications and questions encouraged at firstname.lastname@example.org
Conservation Specialist – Southern Lower Peninsula (Michigan Nature Association):
Applications will be accepted through March 15, 2020, or until the position has been filled.
The Michigan Nature Association (MNA), a statewide land conservancy, is seeking an exceptional candidate for a Conservation Specialist position based in the Southern Lower Peninsula region. MNA protects a vast network of over 180 nature sanctuaries, totaling over 12,500 acres, in 60 of Michigan’s 83 counties. Many of the sanctuaries house rare habitats and species and are managed to protect their viability. For more information on MNA, please see our website at michigannature.org.
This is a field-based position. Work will occur at MNA sanctuaries across Michigan’s southernmost counties, with occasional travel to other regions of the Lower Peninsula. The Conservation Specialist will report daily to the Stewardship Coordinator’s home office in Grass Lake (Jackson County).
Part-time, hourly, temporary. Applicants should be available 32 hours / 4 days per week
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for 3 references via e-mail to Rachel Maranto, Stewardship Coordinator, at email@example.com or mail to Attn: Conservation Specialist Application, Michigan Nature Association, 2310 Science Parkway, Suite 100, Okemos, MI 48864.