Global Landscape Stewards is an initiative dedicated to weaving a diverse network of stewardship practitioners worldwide. Through the candid and generous sharing of triumphs and setbacks, our exchanges serve to accelerate the pace and amplify the impact of this vital work, globally and locally.
In 2022, the Global Landscape Stewards team travelled from the western U.S. to engage peers across eastern Australia for a wide-ranging exploration of the common realities and distinct differences that shape landscape stewardship efforts in both areas. For three weeks, the team held in-person meetings and conversations with a wide array of groups and stakeholders, distilling recurring themes and salient insights into the report available below.
Thanks to our partners at Great Eastern Ranges Initiative for capturing this powerful visit!
Press & Testimonials
- Australian Land Conservation Alliance: November 2022 newsletter
- Great Eastern Ranges Intiative: Global Stewardship Exchange Catalyzes Vital New Conservation Connections
- Network for Landscape Conservation: November Bulletin
“Nothing beats being together in person—walking on Country, sitting in a circle, sharing stories, knowledge, and ideas … I gained more resources, connections, and friendships from this experience than I could have hoped for.” —Cecilia Riebl, Trust for Nature (Victoria, Australia)
“People are ready to work together but are still challenged to break out of ‘business as usual’ approaches … these exchanges promise to provide the connectivity needed between people and the environments they depend on …” —Kevin Wright, Marin County Parks (California, USA)
Learn More About Our Partner Organizations
- Australian Land Conservation Alliance
- Bush Heritage Australia
- Center for Large Landscape Conservation
- Great Eastern Ranges Initiative
- The League to Save Lake Tahoe
- Tasmanian Land Conservancy
- Trust for Nature
- California Landscape Stewardship Network
- Network for Landscape Conservation
- International Land Conservation Network
- Center for Natural Resources & Environmental Policy, University of Montana
Webcasts & Workshops
- [ABOVE] The Stewardship Network Monthly Webcast – July 2023 | “Growing the Global Stewardship Movement: Lessons from Connecting Australian and U.S. Practitioners”
- Stream or download “Crowdsourcing Global Stewardship Solutions” (from the Network for Landscape Conservation Webinar Series – Tuesday, May 2, 2023) at the Google Drive link here.
In the months to come, our team will make the recommended “next steps” from our report into reality, with the hosting of virtual roundtables, dissemination of informational resources, facilitation of boundary-spanning introductions, and planning of future peer-exchange opportunities. We are also actively engaging with our communities to secure financial support for future exchange opportunities.
If you have questions or are interested in learning more about Global Landscape Stewards, please contact Travis Anklam here.