Apr 24, 2018
The Stewardship Network!
Please submit by 11:59 pm on Monday, May 14th, 2018
Position: A part-time intern is being sought to research and develop educational and support materials for The Stewardship Network’s set of Collaborative Conservation Communities around the country. The intern will work closely with TSN Staff to learn how our organization runs, and will have to opportunity to explore several facets of our work to find the best fit for their skills and interests.
For more information on The Stewardship Network, visit www.StewardshipNetwork.org
Apr 20, 2018
Michigan DNR, Parks and Recreation Division
Michigan Civilian Conservation Corps
Hemlock Woolly Adelgid Crew
• Survey of forests in at-risk Michigan State Parks for Hemlock Woolly Adelgid
• Apply pesticides for control of Hemlock Woolly Adelgid
• Ensure accurate and timely completion and submission of treatment, survey, GIS and other records
• Perform regular equipment cleaning and maintenance
• Work may include traversing difficult terrain in adverse weather conditions
• Overnight travel (paid) will be required. Overnight travel may be for periods of up to 4 days
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday-Thursday, 10-hour days. Job includes frequent overnight travel and has some weekend work
Apr 13, 2018
Oakland Township Parks
The Stewardship Technician position is a full-time, seasonal (up to 20 week), hourly position to be employed by the PRC. Duties include the management of the Township parks’ natural areas under the direction of the Natural Areas Stewardship Manager. Work tasks may include species monitoring, invasive species control, prescribed burning, and assisting with volunteer stewardship workdays. This position will require cooperation with PRC staff, partner organizations, volunteers, and the general public. This position may be ideal for a candidate seeking an academic internship, experience in the natural resource management field, or continued education in stewardship and land management.
Apr 11, 2018
The Nature Conservancy in Indiana
Help the Indiana Chapter of The Nature Conservancy as we restore and preserve the natural riches of the Hoosier State!
Join us outdoors this spring, summer, and fall to help protect, restore, and manage vital natural resources in various areas of Indiana. We are currently recruiting for several positions with varying time frames (less than 6 months) and duties. Work may include invasive species control, seed harvesting and planting, trail and preserve maintenance, use and maintenance of field equipment, species monitoring, timber and boundary marking, and assisting with prescribed fires (if qualified). Optional on-site housing may be available at some locations.
Mar 5, 2018
Heartland Restoration Services, Inc
Job Title: Field Service Supervisor/Restoration Ecologist
Job Category: Full-Time Permanent
Company: Heartland Restoration Services, Inc.
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Application Deadline: Open until position filled
Jan 30, 2018
Lake County Parks and Recreation
Maintaining and preserving natural areas, including controlling exotic invasive species. Maintains tools and equipment, helps monitor wildlife, conducts preserve maintenance, learns how to identify native and non-native species and assists in preparing sites for prescribed burns. May work invariable weather conditions, at remote locations for long periods of time in isolated settings, on difficult and hazardous terrain and wetlands and under physically demanding circumstances.
Jun 7, 2017
City of Ann Arbor, Natural Area Preservation
CONSERVATION WORKER II
Conservation Worker II needed for employment with the City of Ann Arbor, MI, Natural Area Preservation (NAP).
Work with Natural Area Preservation Conservation Crew to:
• Manually remove invasive plant species from natural areas
• Apply herbicide for the control of invasive plant species
• Assist with prescribed ecological burns (spring and fall)
• Maintain and construct trails
• Lead volunteer workdays and other environmental stewardship activities
• Collect, process, store and sow seed from native plants
• Keep detailed, accurate records of all work performed
• Assist in implementing stewardship plans and collecting ecological data from natural areas